Friday, March 2, 2007

willow creek conference


i am such a people watcher by nature. so you could imagine what a conference this size is doing for me. the willow creek conference has been such an inspiraitonal time for myself. i can't believe this many people would come together, under one roof, and praise the Lord like they are and discuss how to make there youth group even better than it already is.




i wish the students of each of these youth groups could see their leaders at this conference. to see them in action. i wish they could see the desire and the passion of their leaders to go back and provide for them like never before. but serving the Lord is never about that right. so many times i myself want to get it across to the students how much effort i'm putting into them or that angela is putting into them. but i dont and i will need God's strength to never do that. i love what i do for each and every student and i often feel that i'm not doing enough.




so my prayer is this: Lord make me selfless. may i find my encouragement and validation in the way you see fit. and what ever i do for You and for the youth help me to give my best and nothing less.

2 comments:

anearlgirl said...

I think everyone struggles for recognition of how much time, effort, and thought goes into the service of others. You wonder if it's appreciated, noticed...if it even makes a difference?
I find it amazing how much you put into the youth program...if I didn't know you had a "day job" I would think that the youth program was your full-time vocation.

Angela said...

amen to that!