Tuesday, February 12, 2008

daniel fast...daniel fast...daniel fast!



this has been a very busy 2008 so far and lent came very fast. faster than anticipated. angela and i remembered partaking in the daniel fast last year and decided to do it again this year. i wasn't sure if i was ready but "ready or not, here we go".




its been about a week now and i am just starting to get that healthy energized feely. thursday through saturday of last week was the worst. i have developed an addiction to coffee over the years and if you know me at all i was usually never without it. i'm not going to lie i was grumpy, cranky, tired, lazy, useless,...... and the list goes on. but this made me realize that coffee was just a temporary fix to my start in the morning. i don't need coffee to help wake me up and i don't need sugar rushes to get me through the tiresome afternoons that endlessly drag on.




today i feel great. i have my energy back and i am starting to feel the positive effects of eating healthier than i was. just like this fast i want my spiritual life to reflect a healthy growing body. never eating what it shouldn't and never settling to eat unhealthy foods because it seems like the only option at the time. i want to hold out for what God has for me and give into those quick-fixes. my spiritual life should only feed on what is good and right in the Lord's eyes.




and with His strength, i know this is possible.

2 comments:

Angela said...

that's right babe! Veggies are amazing. remember that.

Unknown said...

It's fun when we are in it together huh? My new name for it is the Denial fast.