Tuesday, February 19, 2008

strength

                                  
as you all have figured out by now Angela and i have been taking karate for some time.  more specifically, we are taking Tang Soo Do.  this is a traditional style of korean open-hand fighting.  our instructor Paul, or Master Cuthbert, is a good friend of ours and, with his fourth degree black belt, knows how to kick our butts during class.  our workout last saturday was one of the most intense workouts i have had in a while.  needless to say, thanks to that workout last saturday i am back in the swing of things and am making my way to the gym on a more regular basis.  

i wanted to pay special attention to the fact that i have more energy now than before starting the daniel fast.  eating healthy can do so much for your physical, mental and emotional self.  

just the other day when i was craving a latte or just some good strong black coffee my lovely  wife said, "i like you better when you don't have caffeine."  you could imagine the look of confusion on my face but she was completely right.  i even like myself better when i'm off caffeine.  without it i don't have those lows in the afternoon, my stomach aches are not as often, and i don't have the oh-so-lovely coffee breath that would drive even a skunk away.  

i still would like to have a cup of coffee here and there but i am no longer dependent on it to wake me up or energize me when feeling lazy.  just like in my walk with Christ, i don't want any substitutes to alter my relationship with Him.  we should be dependent on Christ and Christ alone.  so thanks Daniel for your example through fasting.

1 comment:

Angela said...

thanks for calling me your "lovely wife":)